8.4.08

Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hands

I've been down-hearted Baby ever since the day we met!

The Child lays down and wrestles in his sleep,
Moonlight's frooze on comic books,
And super stars in magazines,
An old friend calls and tells us where to meet,
A plane takes off from Baltimore,
And touches down on Bourbon Street.

We sit outside and agrue all night long,
About a God we've never seen but never fails to side with me,
Sunday comes and all the papers say,
Mother Taresa's joined the Mob and happy with her full-time job.

I've been down-hearted Baby ever since the day we met!

My-oh-my the thoughts that drift away,
Does summer come for everyone?
Can humans do what prophets said?
If I die before I learn to speak,
Will money pay for all the days,
I lived awake but half-asleep?

Life is time to teach you growing up,
Seconds ticking killed us all a million years before The Fall,
We ride the waves and don't ask where they go,
We swim like lions through the crest,
And bathe ourselves in zebra flesh.

I've been down-hearted Baby,
I've been down-hearted Baby,
Ever since the day we met,
Ever since the day we met!

I've been down-hearted Baby ever since the day we met!

No comments: