16.4.08

The Walk

Down our long-dusty driveway,
I didn't wanna go,
But I set out with tears in my eyes wondering.

Daddy took me by the hand,
Looked down at the school bus,
And at his little man,
And said, "Don't worry Boy,
It'll be alright".

Cause I took this walk you're walking now,
Boy I've been in your shoes,
Well you can't hold back the hands of time,
It's just something you've gotta do,
So dry your eyes I understand just what you're going through,
Cause I took this same walk with my old man,
Boy I've been in your shoes.

Down our long-dusty driveway,
I set my mind to go,
For I was 18,
And wild and free,
And wondering.

Daddy took me by the hand,
Looked out at the world,
And at his grown man,
And said, "Don't worry,
Boy it'll be alright".

Cause I took this walk you're walking now,
Boy I've been in your shoes,
Well you can't hold back the hands of time,
It's just something you've gotta do,
So dry your eyes I understand just what you're going through,
Cause I took this same walk with my old man,
Boy I've been in your shoes.

Down our long-dusty driveway,
This time we both would go,
For he had grown old and gray,
And his mind was wondering.

Daddy took me by the hand,
Said, "I know where we're going,
And I understand,
Don't worry Boy it'll be alright".

Cause I took this walk you're walking now,
Boy I've been in your shoes,
Well you can't hold back the hands of time,
It's just something you've gotta do,
So dry your eyes I understand just what you're going through,
Cause I took this same walk with my old man,
Boy I've been in your shoes.

Cause I took this walk with my old man,
Boy I've been in your shoes.

No comments: