Oh Elise it doesn't matter what you say,
I just can't stay here every "Yesterday",
Like keep on acting out the same way we act out,
Every way a smile forget,
And "Make-Believe" we never needed,
Anymore than this,
Anymore than this?!
Oh Elise it doesn't matter what you do,
I know I'll never really get inside of you,
To make your eyes catch fire the way they should,
The way the blue could pull me in,
If they only would,
If they only would at least,
I'd loose this sense of sensing,
Something else that hides away.
For me and you there are world's apart,
With aching looks and breaking hearts,
And all the prayer's your hands can make,
I'd just take as much as you can throw,
And then throw it all away,
Oh I'd throw it all away,
Like throwing faces at the sky,
Like throwing arms around yesterday,
I stared and stood wide-eyed in front of you,
And the face I saw looked back the way I wanted to,
But I just can't hold my tears the way the way you do.
Elise believe I never wanted this,
I thought this time I'd keep all of my promises,
I thought you were the Girl I've always dreamed about,
But I let the dream go and the promises broke,
And "Make-Believe" ran out.
So Elise it doesn't matter what you say,
I just can't stay here every "Yesterday",
Like keep on acting out,
The same way we act out,
Every way a smile forget,
And "Make-Believe" we never needed,
Anymore than this,
Anymore than this?
And everytime I try,
To pick it up like falling sand,
As fast as I pick it up,
It runs away through my clutching hands,
But there's nothing else I can really do,
There's nothing else I can really do,
But there's nothing else I can really do at all!
No comments:
Post a Comment