written by Geoff Tate & Chris DeGarmo
All alone now except for the memories,
Of what we had and what we knew,
Everytime I try to leave it behind me,
I see something that reminds me of you.
Every night the dreams return to haunt me,
Your Rosary wrapped around your throat,
I lay awake and sweat the fate to fall asleep,
I see your face looking back at me,
Looking back at me?
And I raise my head and stare,
Into the eyes of a stranger,
I've always known that the mirror never lies,
People always starred away,
From the eyes of a stranger,
Afraid to know what lays behind myself.
Is this all that's left of my life before me?
Straight-Jacket memories set for devise,
No happy ending like they always promised,
There's got to be something left for me.
And I raise my head and stare,
Into the eyes of a stranger,
I've always known that the mirror never lies,
People always starred away,
From the eyes of a stranger,
Afraid to know what lays behind myself.
How many times must I live this tragedy?
How many more lies will Fate tell me?
All I want is the same as everyone:
Why am I here and for how long?
And I raise my head and stare,
Into the eyes of a stranger,
I've always known that the mirror never lies,
People always starred away,
From the eyes of a stranger,
Afraid to know what lays behind myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment