written by Roger Waters & David Gilmour
Hello, is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear,
Is there anyone home?
Come on, Pal,
I hear you're feeling down,
Well I can ease your pain,
Get you on your feet again.
Relax, I need some information first,
Just the basic facts,
Can you show me where it hurts?
There is no pain you are receeding,
A distant ship smoke on the Horizon,
You are only coming through in waves,
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.
When I was a child I had a fever,
My hands felt just like two balloons,
Now I've got that feeling once again,
I can't explain,
You would not understand,
This is not how I am.
I have become comfortably numb.
I have become comfortably numb.
Okay, just a little pin-prick,
There'll be no more AAAGGGGHHHH!
But you may feel a little sick.
Can you stand up?
I do believe it's working,
Good!
That'll keep you going for the show,
Come on,
It's time to go!
There is no pain you are receeding,
A distant ship's smoke on the Horizon,
You are only coming through in waves,
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.
When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse,
Out of the corner of my eye,
I turned to look but it was gone,
I cannot put my finger on it now,
The child has grown,
The dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb.
No comments:
Post a Comment