Hand over hand I crawled back to land,
There is no retreat that option's far and away,
I have to be brave I always did crave the golden sunlight,
It's been about me but I'm setting that free for golden sunlight.
There's a door open to walk through,
All I want is just beyond,
What if I could let my guard down,
Into freedom on and on?
Somehow it came out what I can't talk about,
Someone to help me as free as I wanna be,
I cannot erase but you helped me face the songs and the flowers,
At last perception of my self-deception and then the songs and the flowers.
There's a door open to walk through,
All I want is just beyond,
What if I could let my guard down,
Into freedom on and on?
What if I could just let my guard down?
What if I could live wide open?
What if I could just let my guard down,
And go beyond into the great unknown?
Sweetheart I've been bothered,
A golden sunlit path I've been after,
Grass hills and wildflowers,
Chaparral trails for our daughter.
I want to be her Father,
I want to hear her laughter,
Under meteor showers,
Our dogs will howl at the midnight hour.
There's a door open to walk through,
All I want is just beyond,
What if I could let my guard down,
Into freedom on and on?
What if I could just let my guard down?
What if I could live wide open?
What if I could just let my guard down,
And go beyond into the great unknown?
No comments:
Post a Comment