I've just come from the Land of the Sun,
From a war that must be won in the name of truth,
With our soldiers so brave your freedom we will save,
With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
I want to see my family my wife and child waiting for me,
I've got to go home I've been so alone you see.
You just can't believe the joy I did receive,
When I finally got my leave and I was going home,
I flew through the sky my convictions could not lie,
For my Country I would die and I will see it soon.
I want to see my family my wife and child waiting for me,
I've got to go home I've been so alone you see.
When I walked through the door my wife she lay upon the floor,
And with tears her eyes were sore I did not know why,
Then I looked into her hand and I saw the telegram,
Said that I was a brave, brave man but that I was dead.
I want to see my family my wife and child waiting for me,
I've got to go home I've been so alone you see.
I want to see my family my wife and child waiting for me,
I've got to go home I've been so alone you see.
I want to see my family my wife and child waiting for me,
I've got to go home I've been so alone you see.
No comments:
Post a Comment