21.11.09

It Can't Rain All The Time

written by Jane Salisbury

We walk the Narrow Path beneath the Smoking Skies. Sometimes we can barely tell the difference between the Darkness and Light. Do we have "Faith" in what we believe?! The truest test is when we cannot... when I cannot see.

I hear the pounding feet,
In the streets below,
And the women cry,
And the children moan,
And there's something wrong,
It's hard to believe in love with revenge.

It won't rain all the time,
The sky won't fall forever,
And though the night seems long,
Your tears won't fall forever.

When I'm lonely,
I lay awake at night,
And I wish you were here,
I miss you,
Can you tell me,
Is there something more to believe in,
Or is this all there is?

And the pounding feet,
In the streets below,
And a window breaks,
And a woman falls,
And there's something wrong,
It's hard to believe in love with revenge.

It won't rain all the day,
The sky won't fall forever,
And though the night seems long,
Your tears won't fall,
Your tears won't fall,
Your tears won't fall forever.

Last night I had a dream, you came into my room and took me into your arms. And whispered in my ear and telling me to still believe. But then the emptiness of you leaving me fell into the darkness of our broken hearts until I felt safe and warm. I fell asleep in your arms. And then I awoke and cried again for you were gone. Can you hear me?

It won't rain all the time,
The sky won't fall forever,
And though the night seems long,
Your tears won't fall forever.

It won't rain all the time,
The sky won't fall forever,
And though the night seems long,
Your tears won't fall,
Your tears won't fall,
Your tears won't fall forever.

No comments: