24.12.09

Blood Runs Cold

written by John Williams, Phil Collen, & Joe Elliot

I heard this line one time about trying to save the world,
But have you ever tried to save yourself?

A wide-eyed suicide drive remains a fake,
As if you'd ever...
Ever gonna make that same mistake.

Strung out as the night comes crawling?
Your Halo of Thorns is falling.

And blood runs cold,
I feel it in my bones,
But you don't know,
Your time is up,
When blood runs cold.

Somebody somewhere is screaming out the words,
But do they really ever ease the pain?

I guess what I'm trying to say,
Is whose life is it anyway?!
Cause living...
Living is the best revenge you can play!

This fall from Grace...
I see your face,
It's over!

Blood runs cold,
I feel it in my bones,
But you don't know,
Your time is up,
When blood runs cold.

From you?
Love was kind,
Resolved left scared and blind,
Wasted and naked in the wind.

Denying Twist of Fate,
Demanding Heaven's Gate,
Laying in wait above the wind.

Strung out as the night comes crawling,
Your Halo of Thorns is falling!

And blood runs cold,
I feel it in my bones,
But you don't know,
Your time is up,
When blood runs cold.

Your blood runs cold.

No comments: