3.5.08

Whiskey In The Jar (Metallica Version)

As I was going over the Cork and Kerry Mountians,
I saw Captain Farrell his money he was counting,
I first produced my pistol then produced my razor,
I said stand and deliver or the Devil he may take you.

I took all of his money and it was a pretty penny,
I took all of his money and I brought it home to Molly,
She swore that she loved me never would she leave me,
But the Devil take that woman for you know she tricked me easy.

Mish ring duh-da-do-da-madow,
Wait for my Daddy-O,
Wait for my Daddy-O,
There's whiskey in the jar-o.

Being drunk and weary I went to Molly's chamber,
Taking my Molly with me but I never knew the danger,
For about six or maybe seven i walks Captain Farrell,
I jumped and fired off my pistols and I shot him with both barrells.

Mish ring duh-da-do-da-madow,
Wait for my Daddy-O,
Wait for my Daddy-O,
There's whiskey in the jar-o.

Now some men like fishing,
Some men like the fowling,
Some men like to hear the canon ball roaring.

But me I like sleeping,
Especailly in my Molly's chamber,
But here I am in prison,
Here I am with a ball and chain.

Mish ring duh-da-do-da-madow,
Wait for my Daddy-O,
Wait for my Daddy-O,
There's whiskey in the jar-o.

No comments: