24.12.09

Winning

written by John Williams & Brett Hesla

What good would it do,
To keep the finger pointing?
I break myself in two,
And spread around the joy.

Picture me as you,
We smile/we frown together,
Then pray that this is you,
To put this to an end,
And lean us over once again.

Lean us over once again?

And we lie,
With diamonds in our eyes,
And we lie,
A burden for a price.

I know you think you're winning,
I was just beginning to say,
Take your simple living,
And your trouble giving and go.

And now this morning cold,
Leaves my fingers hurting,
And it struggles in my soul,
To remember what to say,
And lean us over once again.

Lean us over once again!

And we lie,
To protect our precious pride,
And we lie,
Just because we lie.

I know you think you're winning,
I was just beginning to say,
Take your simple living,
And your self-forgiving and go.

I know you think you're winning,
I was just beginning to say,
Take your simple living,
And your trouble giving and go.

Now you think you're winning,
I know you think you're winning,
But I was just beginning.

No comments: